Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Congressman Maxine Waters...or perhaps Marxine Waters?

In a priceless Kodak-moment, Maxine Waters, congresswoman from Los Angeles, ripped into the oil executives being grilled by a house committee. If you haven't seen the video, it's priceless!

But it's a scary commentary on the liberal agenda when you hear one say, "This liberal will be all about socializing....uh, err, uh...ummm.....basically, taking over your business!" I guess it's a good sign that the word "socializing" when applied to government commandeering American business sticks in her throat...at least while the cameras are rolling.

Memo to Marxine: Those "obscene profits" you're proposing taking are MINE, Ms. Dipstick! It's what I hope will someday fund my retirement....along with tens of thousands of other Americans just like me, including teachers, laborers, and anyone else who has a mutual fund retirement account!! I know I can't depend on you or your colleagues on Capitol Hill to provide for me in my twilight years, despite you constantly raiding my checkbook purportedly for that purpose (read Social Security.)

So keep your ignorant mitts off the companies that offer us some hope of meeting those future needs!

No comments: