Thursday, March 18, 2010

Time for Change in Minnesota

I wrote Sen. Amy Klobuchar to express my strong opposition to the current health care bill that she voted for in the Senate. In her response she was quick to point out how she "saved" Minnesotans $18 Billion in new taxes on medical device manufacturers. What she didn't highlight was that she voted FOR adding $20 Billion in new taxes TO medical device manufacturers, some of which are based right here in Minnesota. This is everything from pacemakers to tongue depressors.

Of course, in reality, they won't pay those taxes. They'll just raise the prices on all the devices and you and I will pay for them through higher insurance rates, higher hospital costs and through more taxes for Medicaid and Medicare.

So, in other words, to supposedly lower the cost of healthcare, the Demwits have just raised the prices on a significant portion of our healthcare products!

Of course, that's just the tip of the iceberg on the new, onerous taxes that we will ALL be paying shortly if the Demwits in Congress have their way on Sunday. Taxes we will begin paying IMMEDIATELY, but will have to wait four years for any possible benefits (and then I wouldn't hold your breath!)

So, I think it's time to begin the campaign to get rid of those who vote for things NOT in the best interest of Minnesota....or the United States, for that matter. I'm brainstorming some ideas and came up with this one!

I think it would look great along I-694 and I-35 near Medtronic's headquaters. What do you think?

No comments: