Saturday, October 18, 2008

Lesson Learned From Campaign Signs

Consistent with every previous political season, our landscape today is littered with campaign signs for politicians of every flavor. You get a sense of a particular neighborhood by the distribution of opposing signs.

But I've been noting a troubling trend over the last few weeks.

I'm noticing an amazing number of McCain/Palin posters that are either defaced or physically damaged. I keep looking for similar signs of vandalism on Obama signs but have yet to see one that has been defaced.

I've also been reading and hearing of McCain/Palin signs being stolen from yards. Three first-hand accounts have been shared with me, and I've heard similar tales told by callers on both local and national talk radio programs.

I think therein lies a lesson.

In spite of all their talk about being the party of tolerance and diversity, the reality is that Democrats as a whole are a whole lot less tolerant of different view points than the Republicans.

It also points to a moral deficit in many (not all, but many) of those who adhere to the Democrat point of view.

I guess you could argue that it's consistent with their overall attitude that what's theirs is theirs and what's yours is theirs, too. If they can take your money from you at the point of a gun, why not your campaign signs?

It bodes ill for a Democrat controlled government. Hold onto your wallet.

No comments: